What is Southwest Companion Pass? How to get one for yourself?
Southwest Airlines is a major airline based in the United States and is known to be the world's largest low-cost carrier airplane. Its Headquarters are in Dallas, Texas. It provides services to almost 121 destinations domestically and 10 destinations internationally.
Southwest flight booking can be made through their official website or any travel website like Faresmatch.com. Southwest is known for its cheap deals, hospitability, and onboard services. Their website provides a low-fare calendar that helps people choose the cheapest tickets. The airline flies to all major cities in the United States.
Facilities provided by Southwest Airlines
Southwest promises a remarkable journey to its passengers. Though Southwest only offers economy-class Service and does not have business and first-class cabins, they still provide a handful of great amenities onboard.
- The company grants two or more checked bags per passenger, which are included in the fair. If found oversized or overweight additional charges may be applied.
- Passengers can change their flights 10 minutes before departures without paying any extra fee.
- If passengers cancel their flight, they will get a refund of the amount spent on the ticket in a travel credit form. This credit can be redeemed for booking purposes in the future. This credit can also be used for other southwest airlines vacation purchases. This credit does not expire.
- They provide high-speed wifi onboard, which is absolutely free.
- Passengers can watch on-demand movies on their backseat screens during their journey. And listen to the hot music collection trending.
- They welcome vaccinated pets on board during domestic travel. With all appropriate precautions, your pets will be allowed to sit under your chair.
- If you are considering going on a business trip, Southwest is the best choice as they offer high discounts while traveling in a group of more than 20 people.
- They also provide cargo services both domestically and internationally.
Policies of Southwest
Southwest offers customer-friendly policies.
Each passenger will be allowed two free checked baggage, which will be included in the fare. And the passenger may take one carry-on bag and one personal item with them.
For refunds, it will depend on the type of ticket that the passenger purchased. If it is a Business select/Anytime ticket, then they are generally refundable. You can get it as cash or flight credit. And if it is a Wanna get away ticket, it will be non-refundable. However, it will be converted to flight credit.
Traveling with children
Lap child must be over 14 days old and below 2 years old, maybe carried on the lap while traveling with an adult. The boarding pass won't be an issue for the infant. However, you will need a boarding verification document.
the passengers get the facilities of a wheelchair, oxygen support, medication help, service animals, and helping assistance for the passengers who are blind or deaf or people with disabilities.
In this, the passengers can earn points on revenue tickets. The rapid rewards points are to be earned during the booking process and should be directly related to the advertised one-way base fare and the fare type of the flight.
Southwest companion pass
Southwest companion pass is a beneficial pass that allows the passengers to choose one person to take them along on the journey, free of cost, every time they redeem points for a flight. To avail of this, you must fly at least 100 qualifying one-way trips or earn up to 125,000 points in a calendar year, which will help you earn the Southwest pass every year.
Tricks to get Southwest Companion Pass
- Firstly, you must log in to your rapid rewards account from Southwest Airlines' official website.
- On the tab, select choose your companion and click companion info.
- To avail of this, you must book a flight first to book your companion flight.
- Visit the trips section on the website of Southwest.
- Find your already booked flight and click on add companion. The page will take you to another page for further processing.
- Click on continue to go to the screen of purchasing and complete the payment for applicable taxes.
- Now click on purchase, and your companion flight reservation is all done.
- Do not forget to collect your e-pass as well; it will help you till the physical pass is not issued.
Benefits of Southwest companion pass
- Anyone can be your companion on your journey, whether your parent, partner, child, or friend. You will be able to change your companion up to 3 times a year.
- Changing a companion won't be a hassle for you. You can directly do it online from the official website of Southwest Airlines. It may take up to 15 to 20 business days to process. You will be provided with a new companion pass within the time period given.
- This pass has no blackout dates or seat restrictions. This will let you fly with your partner even before or on the day of some major holidays.
- You will be able to use the pass unlimited time in a year. However, you will be required to renew the companion pass at the end of every year.
- The pass will be available for any ticket type.
- Companions will get the same amenities and perks as the other passengers.
Southwest Airlines can be your most reliable travel partner as well as if you are looking for an affordable journey. The only con you will face is that the airline does not come with a business or first class, but there is no need to worry! Even in economy class, you get luxurious services. And with the help of the Southwest companion pass, international journeys will be fun with your partner or the person you are taking along! So don't hesitate anymore to book your flight tickets from their official website or another travel website like Faresmatch.com and get yourself a Companion pass right now!