Availing Cheap Flights to Sri Lanka from the USA
Travelers often want to visit new places and hence, they start searching for them. If you want to visit Sri Lanka but don't know where to start or how to get there, you've come to the perfect place. A piece of detailed information about the same will be provided here. Sri Lanka is an island nation famed for its beautiful beaches, thousand-year-old Buddhist monasteries, diverse fauna, and archaeological past. The abundance of water activities, spectacular sunsets, expansive tea gardens, and, of course, mouth-watering Sri Lankan cuisine will undoubtedly make you fall in love with this stunning location. A nonstop flight from the United States travels 9167 miles in 25 hours and 52 minutes. The most popular route is New York-Colombo, which takes an average of 19h 35m. Let's have a look at other minor details including the airline tickets.
What are some of the Major Landmarks?
Fortress of Sigiriya, Galle Fort, Borella Kanatte Dutch Period Museum, General Cemetery, Saint Anthony's Church and Cemetery, Sathmahal Prasada, Temple of the Tooth, Nissanka Malla’s Palace, Koneswaram Temple, Royal Palace Kandy, Dambulla Cave Temple, Unawatuna Peace Pagoda, and Ariapita Mask Factory Museum are some major landmarks.
Cheap tickets prices
Various flights cost less than $900 from the United States to Sri Lanka. The cheapest booked flight with Turkish Airlines is for $813, but you should expect to pay $938 on average. Further, you could get air fares as low as from Los Angeles $661 one-way - $811 round-trip, from San Francisco $657 one-way - $984 round-trip, and from New York $846 one-way - $839 round-trip. The cheapest month considered for flying to Sri Lanka is April. The ideal airport to arriving at if traveling to multiple locations in Sri Lanka is Bandaranaike International Airport, which is the largest and most centrally placed. To get more savings, book at least 3 weeks before your scheduled plan.
To enter Sri Lanka, foreign travelers must possess either a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Citizens of the Republic of Seychelles, the Republic of Maldives, and the Republic of Singapore do not need to apply for an ETA before visiting Sri Lanka. Most airlines will require a valid passport and a visa, both of which must have expiration dates that correspond to the length of stay in the nation. After presenting a physical ticket or an e-ticket, a boarding pass is issued at the check-in counter.
Few Tips to Remember
- Visitors to Sri Lanka need a visa to enter the country, and while you may get one at the Colombo airport, you can save time by applying for an ETA visa online ahead of time. The visa is valid for 30 days from the date of entry into Sri Lanka, although it can be extended for up to six months.
- Traveler's cheques are frequently not accepted in Sri Lanka, so it's best to get your local currency after you've arrived. At Colombo's airport, there are money exchange counters and ATMs, and it's a good idea to change some money as soon as you arrive in case you need to pay for your airport parking.
- If you wish to spend some time in the center, schedule a connecting domestic flight from Colombo to Sigiriya Airport. Cinnamon Air, Sri Lanka's domestic airline, offers regular flights to Sigiriya, from whence you can continue your tour via different modes of transportation.
Top 10 Airlines that fly from the USA to Sri Lanka
- Srilankan Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- China Southern
- Singapore Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- China Eastern
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
Ways to get to and from flights on discounted rates
- Cheap flight tickets
from LK can be found by flying in the early morning. Since the demand for flights is low in the early morning hours, you can find cheap Sri Lanka tickets.
- Traveling during peak season might be costly because airfares climb during this time. You can find low-cost flights by traveling during the shoulder season.
- Airline ticket prices continue to rise as time goes by. As a result, you must get tickets well in advance to avoid paying extra at the last minute.
- If you are in search of last minute flights deals due to an emergency, you can look for last-minute flights for Sri Lanka on the internet.
Think no further and directly book your flights to Sri Lanka today for your upcoming Vacation. You will be amazed to see their culture, behavior, and food pattern.