Southwest Airlines Reservations to Fly Cheaply In the United States
Ground Report of Southwest Airlines:
An ultra-low-cost flag carrier of America, Southwest Airline is the leading airline of the United States. This airline is also known as the world’s largest low-cost flag carrier. For an affordable journey in the United States, Southwest Airlines Reservations is the right alternative for the passengers. Founded year of the airline is on March 15, 1967, by Herb Kelleher as Air Southwest Co but in 1971 the name of the airline was changed with Southwest Airlines Co. 60,000+ employees are working in the Southwest Airlines and around 4,000 departures are taking place every day of Southwest. According to the data of 2018, Southwest is known for the largest number of domestic passengers carried in the United States. Services of Southwest Airlines are available in 10 Countries.
|Top Serving Airports
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
- Chicago Midway International Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- BWI Marshall Airport
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- Harry Reid International Airport
- St. Louis Lambert International Airport
| IATA Code
| Total Routes
| Top Route
|| Albuquerque (ABQ) to Atlanta (ATL)
|| 1 (800) 435-9792
Where is Southwest Airlines Headquarters?
Dallas, Texas, US is the main headquarter of Southwest Airlines. From this main operating headquarter airline is mainly doing all financial and fleet operations for all 103 destinations in 10 countries.
Southwest Airline Alliance:
Southwest Airlines Alliance is also important to stuff for the passengers to know. What is the airline alliance of Southwest? Well, this is also the truth that there is no alliance connected with Southwest Airlines Flights right now.
Operating Bases of Southwest Airlines:
The total count of operating bases of Southwest Airlines Flights is around 11. This is the list of all operating bases of the airline. Atlanta covers the highest number of boarding and departure every year and Baltimore is in the second position. Chicago and Dallas are also in the list of major operating bases of Southwest.
Frequent Flyer Program of Southwest Airlines:
One more important thing about Southwest Airlines Booking is the FFP of this airline. The name of the Frequent Flyer Program of Southwest is Rapid Rewards. The airline started this program on June 18, 1987, as the Company Club. Passengers can earn the points on the basis of trip flown regardless of distance. However, the airline changed the name of FFP on April 25, 1996, from Company Club to Rapid Rewards. You can also get one free round trip ticket of Southwest Airlines Reservations, once you earned 16 Credits in a period of 24 months.
Fleet Size & Destinations Served by Southwest Airlines:
The count of fleet size of Southwest is really countless and impressive and the total number of counts of Fleet Size of Southwest is 737. On the other hand, the total number of destinations of Southwest Airline is 103. You can check the complete list of Southwest Destination on Southwest Airlines Official Site.
Inspection of Southwest Airlines Baggage Policy:
- With the Southwest Airlines Reservations, you will get the one personal item and one carry-on item free of cost in the baggage policy of Southwest.
- Carry-On Bag size must not exceed 10 x 16 x 24 inches and personal item size must not exceed 18.5 x 8.5 x 13.5 inches.
- 2 Standards Bags are allowed in the checked bag policy of Southwest with the maximum allowed weight of 10 KG.
- The maximum dimensions of the checked bag in Southwest are 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height) and the maximum weight is 50 pounds or 23 kilograms.
- For extra bags Southwest Airline charge around $75
- If your bag weight is 51 to 100 pounds then you have to pay $75 Extra per Bag.
- The bag above the weight of 100 Pounds is not accepted in Southwest Airlines.
Inspection of Southwest Airlines Pet Policy:
Small pets are allowed in the pet policy of Southwest Airlines Reservations; the pet carrier size of Southwest Airline is (17” long x 9.5” high x 10” wide). On the other hand, other pet carrier maximum dimensions allowed in Southwest Airlines are 18.5” long x 8.5” high x 13.5” wide. Passenger can travel with two dogs or two cats in the same pet carrier. Unaccompanied Minors are not allowed to travel with pets in Southwest Airlines. For international flights, pets in the cabin are not allowed. Your cat and dog must be 8 weeks old.
Southwest Airlines Travel Cabin Class:
There is not a particular cabin class specification of Southwest Flights but the airline give three types of fare booking options to passengers and these are Business Select, Anytime, and Wanna Get Away. With the Southwest Business Class Booking passengers can get the checked bags, boarding and rapid rewards points benefits. On the other hand, Anytime Flights Fare option provides same day change, cancellation facility to passenger with rapid rewards earning opportunity with 10X features.
1. How to Book Online Southwest Reservations?
You can do the Southwest Airlines Reservations directly from the Southwest Airlines Official Site.
2. What is the Rating of Southwest Flight for United States Travel?
4.8 Out of 5
3. Which is the most affordable airline of the United States?
4. Which is the cheapest day to book Southwest Airlines Booking?
Tuesday is quite an affordable day for the booking of Southwest Flights
5. Can I book Last Minute Southwest Airlines Flights?
Yes, you can book Southwest Airlines Last Minute Flights from Travel Agencies or Southwest Airlines Official Site.
6. Where is Southwest Airlines headquarters?
Dallas, Texas, in the US, serves as the main headquarters of this airline. The fleet operation of all 103 destinations in 10 countries is operated via this headquarters.
7. What is the maximum dimension of checked bags in the Southwest?
The maximum dimension of the checked bags in this airline is 62 inches or 157 centimeters. The maximum weight for the same should be 23 kilograms.
8. Are pets allowed in Southwest Airlines?
Yes, small pets including cats and dogs are allowed in the Pet Policy of Southwest. However, they are only accepted if they meet the terms and conditions of the airline's pet policy.
9. What is the frequent flyer program of Southwest?
The frequent flyer program of this airline is Rapid Rewards. Passengers can earn points through this program based on trips flown regardless of the overall distance. You can avail of one round trip ticket if you earn 16 points in 24 months.
10. Does Southwest Airlines have a low-fare calendar?
Yes, Southwest Airlines does provide passengers with a low-fare finder that helps them to check the entire month's price chart, based on which they can choose the most affordable flights.