Availing Cheap Car Rentals in Madrid
Madrid and the surrounding environs have a ton of sights and activities to offer. The Prado Museum, the Temple of Debod, Plaza Mayor, and the Royal Palace are a few of the well-liked sights. There are over 15 car rental locations in Madrid, so you may pick the ideal vehicle for your vacation. However, you should be aware of a few things when driving a rental automobile here. You can park in one of the three free car parks on the outskirts of the city. Alternatively, use public transportation inside, and save a ton of money on parking by doing so. Further, finding an inexpensive rental car without a manual gearbox may be challenging. This is because automatic transmission vehicles are uncommon in Spain. So connect with FaresMatch and let them know your preference and they will get it there right for you.
Is it beneficial to rent a car in Madrid when visiting?
Well, the city is walkable and has public transportation. Yet, having a low-cost vehicle rental will allow you to go places outside the city limits. It also allows you to get to the city if you are staying outside of it. A short journey from Madrid will take you to several wonderful places including Toledo, Cuenca, Segovia, and Rascafria. You can't park on city streets, and the majority of parking lots have a fee. It can be challenging to drive in the city if you are unfamiliar with it. Due to the number of narrow streets, roundabouts commonly replace traffic lights in many spots throughout the city.
Madrid Driving guide
You can immediately start exploring the place after getting your Madrid car rentals from us. Check out the best examples of the city's many artistic marvels at the Museo Del Prado. Also, see Centro de Arte Reina Sofa and Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza there which are in the heart of the city. Once you have a vehicle rental in Madrid, the Museo Del Prado is only 10 miles from the airport. Additionally, travelers should exercise caution when drinking because the legal limit in Spain is significantly lower. Spanish driving laws are also much stricter than those in the United Kingdom or the United States. Furthermore, remember to stay on the right side of the road. Driving in this city could take some time to get accustomed to. Lastly, it's crucial to keep your passport with you at all times when driving.
Other specific Rules to note while driving
- Madrid's residential areas have a 30 km/h speed restriction. Outside of these zones, the usual speed limits range from 30 to 50 kilometers per hour.
- You can't use a regular cell phone when driving around Madrid, as it is in many other locations. The hands-free or Bluetooth features are an exception, though.
- In the community of Madrid, seatbelt use is mandatory. For some vehicles, such as those used by public transportation networks, this restriction might not be applicable.
- It is against the law to turn on a red light in Madrid. To avoid breaking any driving regulations, keep an eye out for traffic lights and signs.
- Driving while intoxicated is a punishable offense with a fine of up to 0.05%. You should leave the Madrid rental cars at home if you intend to consume one or two drinks.
One-Day trips options away from Madrid
- In all of Europe, Segovia is home to the most Romanesque churches. A one-hour trip from the capital will bring you here. It has quaint, winding alleyways, incredible restaurant scents, few tourists and cars, a fantastic ambiance, and more.
- Are you familiar with Versailles? The Spanish name for this opulent location is the Royal Palace of Aranjuez. The palace's grounds are stunning and include three gardens where you can get lost in an emerald maze.
- One of the most stunning squares in the world is in the Spanish town of Chinchón. The XV-century cafes and homes surround the main square, which is round in shape. Make sure to sample the chorizo, a classic meat spiced with paprika and garlic when visiting this site.
Why Choose FaresMatch for Madrid car rental deals?
Avail of Premium Coverage with us
On our website, you can avail of Premium Coverage on your rental car. Hire a car in Madrid without paying extra for this insurance. Similar to other travel insurance, car rental insurance could help you save. For further details, head straight to the FaresMatch T&C page.
Get rentals of a wide range of vehicles
Avail Small, Economical, SUVs when you book with us. Also, get Family Vans with FaresMatch.
Good team to talk with
You get excellent assistance from a team at FaresMatch that is dedicated to making sure you have a wonderful trip. So connect with us today for all your car booking needs.
Keep in mind that you must show your driver's license at the counter to pick up your rental car. You may also need to show a valid credit card, and a valid identity document or passport.